About this course
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2016 product features and tools related to developing a database.
This course is available for instructor-led training. To find out more, click here.
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server 2016 database.
At course completion
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.